So a kind blogger just nominated me for the Liebster award! Yay! You can find her and her friend’s blog right over here. So what the heck is a Liebster award? I have no idea. Well, I had no idea until the person that nominated me conveniently included a link that explained what it is, so I suggest you click that instead of reading through my attempts to explain it.
Well, Liebster is a German word that means a lot of cute things, and the Liebster award is an internet based phenomenon that’s supposed to help induct some not-so-well-known bloggers into the blogosphere. Once you receive the award, you nominate other bloggers, who go on to nominate even more people and so on. You also have to answer some questions and share a link to the blog of whoever nominated you. Simple enough, right? Now, I’m still a little iffy on how the whole thing works, and I’m not sure if the award is actually officially given out by some kind of secret internet Illuminati or whatever, but overall, it’s just a really cool way to get your blog out there and share the work of others that you admire. So let’s get started!
Here is one version of the rules (there’s lots of variations):
“1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)”
So for my questions, I’ll just be answering the ones my nominator gave me here.
1. Listening to music or making music? Listening to music is definitely a lot easier, and I enjoy it very much. Dude, have you heard Let it Go? Okay, have you heard it in Korean?? Too good. I do want to get better at playing the flute, though. Maybe I’ll even take up piano again.
2. Xbox or Wii? Well I have a Wii, but I think it’s broken.
3. Writing or reading? I enjoy both! But what I read is probably a lot better than what I write haha.
4. Favorite Disney movie? Tangled! I really loved Frozen, too, but Tangled had me in tears.
5. What is your most used or favorite hash tag? #idon’tusehashtags
6. If you could be any animated character, who would you be? Hmm, maybe Pinkie Pie? Ooh or StarFire or Raven from Teen Titans!
7. The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? (Check out my older posts if you have really no idea.) I really do have no idea, sorry. But I think the Beatles since they can rock the bowl cut.
8. Your nickname as a little kid? My aunt would call me Celinie Beanie.
9. Tater tots or hash browns? Hash browns, as long as they’re deep fried and extra crispy.
10. What’s your ultimate favorite fandom? Harry Potter (and the Potterheads). I’m rereading the series and it’s great! I’ve also read the Hunger Games trilogy, the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and I’m currently reading Allegiant. I love them all!
ten questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite meal of the day and why?
2. What time do you usually wake up? Weekdays vs. weekends?
3. What television show would you like to have a part in? Either as an actor/actress or someone working behind the scenes!
4. What’s an extracurricular that you haven’t done, but wanna try?
5. Your one and only OTP.
6. Favorite book of all time?
7. Anything you’d like to share? Now’s the time for shameless self promotion 😉
8. (Stolen from before) Favorite Disney movie? Also, favorite Disney character?
9. (also stolen) Favorite fandom?
10. If you could have a superpower, but it couldn’t be a big one like flying or teleportation, what would it be? You have to be really specific (ex. the ability to repel bugs withing a 3 yard radius or the power to communicate with dogs, but only if you’re in Eastern Europe).
Thanks for reading, you guys are all Lieb-stars! Okay, that was bad.
lots of love,
update: If you would like to be nominated, please don’t hesitate to comment with your url!